Monday, November 3, 2008

Intentions

So...some of you may know that I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. For those of you not in the know, that stands for National Novel Writing Month. The goal of this month is to write 50,000 words. Now, I don't expect that what comes out of this month will be my best writing, or that I would end up with something that might be considered publishable. But it's getting me writing again, which I needed. While I have a lot of ideas for things to write, I really fail when it comes to motivation. So, Nano really helps for that.

My intention for this book is to finally get the mafia III story written up. Helgraf and I are both trying to write 50,000 words on it and are then going to attempt to mesh our points of view together. I think this will actually really help my writing because then once he writes sections, I can play off of what he's having happen. It made for very good interactions when we were writing these together before. Of course, the problem with doing this is that then I feel like my writing has to be on par with Helgraf's and it usually isn't. But hey, he gives me something to strive for.

I have joined a writing competition on gitp as well this month. It hasn't started yet, but I'm concerned at how that will effect my Nano wordcounts. I'm doing alright so far, I didn't write anything over the weekend, but that's to be expected. Unlike most people doing this, weekends are the times when I have less time for writing. I'm at 5,710 words from this morning though, so, if I can write that much every time I sit down, and I make a point of sitting down 4 mornings a week....I should be well ahead of schedule. Especially if I go to some evening write-ins as well.

2 comments:

PenguinSushi said...

yeah, i'm familiar with NaNo. I forgot that was this month though. I might try it sometime, though i've never really written in bookish form...

Anyway, sounds cool - good luck!

~PS

LittlestPenguin said...

*wishes she could write at all*